This section of the programme provides protection for the Club, it’s Directors, Officers and committee members as a result of any wrongful act whilst acting for and carrying out their duties on behalf of the club.
The cover protects the Club against legal actions or civil proceedings made against the Club or it’s officials for any wrongful act, employment breach and/or employee fraud that is notified to the insurer during the period of insurance.
Incidents and events that are covered by this policy include;
- Insured Persons Liability
- Company Liability
- Employment Practices Liability
- Statutory Liability
- Internet Liability
Examples of the cover provided to the insured includes;
Directors & Officers – acting on behalf of a Football Club;
A Club Committee member makes a defamatory remark towards an opposing Club’s player during a match. The opposing player sues the Club and the offending official for damages. The damages and the defence costs are covered (subject to the limits of indemnity provided under the policy).
Defence Costs – for the Club and an Insured Officer;
Defence Costs are covered under this section. The Defence costs are to be reasonably incurred and with the Insurers written consent and are subject to the limits of indemnity provided under the policy.
Policy Extensions (Subject to policy limits and sub-limits)
- Work Health and Safety
- Court Attendance Costs
- Crisis Management Costs
- Liability arising from Bodily Injury or Property Damage
- Prior and pending litigation – The policy excludes claims arising from any circumstance prior to the commencement of the insurance that you were aware of that may eventuate in a claim under the policy.
Limit of Liability
$20,000,000 in the aggregate for the policy period.
Other Sub-Limits apply. Please refer to the Policy Documents or contact Gow-Gates for further information.
Nil for Directors and Officers Liability. $5,000 each and every claim for Company Liability. $10,000 each and every claim for Employment Practices Liability, Statutory Liability and Crime.
Where is cover provided?
Anywhere in the world excluding USA or Canada. (Statutory Liability & Crime is limited to Australia and New Zealand)
When is coverage NOT provided ?
The exclusions and limitations under this part of the policy include but are not limited to;
- Known Circumstances that are not notified to the insurer during the policy period
- Actions prior to the Retroactive Date – This insurance may be limited by a retroactive date which is stated in the schedule. The policy does not cover any claim arising from actual or alleged act, error, omission or conduct occurring prior to such retroactive date.
- Trading Debt
Claims Made Policy:
It must be noted that the Management Liability policy is a claims made policy. This means that the policy indemnifies for claims first made against you and notified to the Insurer during the period of insurance. It is therefore extremely important that notification is given immediately to Gow-Gates Insurance Brokers Pty Limited or the Insurer as soon as you are aware of a claim or any circumstance that may lead to a claim