Lodgement of Claims
Below is information on how to make a claim under the Sports Injury policy. If you wish to make a claim or notify an incident for General Liability, Professional Indemnity or Management Liability, please contact Gow-Gates immediately.
Sports Injury Claims
Steps to follow:
- Go to the Online Claims Portal
- Complete the claim through the online portal
- Lodge the claim form
- Lodge additional documentation as required
All the above steps can be completed online through the online claims portal. In order to submit your claim online, please click here
Step 1: Obtain a Claim Form
The online claims portal can be accessed from the below link:
Step 2: Complete the claims through the online portal
The insured person is to fully complete all sections of the claim form. In addition, the following people will need to complete their relevant sections:
- The Physician’s Statement will need to be completed by the main doctor, surgeon or dentist.
- If you are claiming for loss of income, you will need to have your employer complete the Employer’s Statement.
- The club president, treasurer or secretary will need to complete and sign the Club Report and the your Association will need to sign the Association Declaration of the claim form, having verified all the details completed in the form.
Step 3: Lodge the Claim Online
The claim form will be acknowledged within 10 days by Gow-Gates. This acknowledgement will include a unique claim number which can be used when lodging additional documentation and when using the Online Claims Tracking Facility
Step 4: Submit additional paperwork
In order to claim, the following documentation will/may be required in addition to the claim form.
- Receipts for paid Non-Medicare Medical and/or Physiotherapy Expenses
- Health Fund rebate statements
- Doctors Certificates confirming the period of incapacitation
- Proof of Earnings documentation
- Tax File Number declaration
- Any other documentation requested.
Don’t wait for the above documentation before commencing the claims process as this delays the claims process and means that your claim payment will be slower.