“Insured Persons” doesn’t mention Spectators. Are we covered if an spectator get injured?wecoveredifaspectatorisinjured?

Spectators are not listed as an insured person on the programme. As such, a spectator who is injured can not make a claim on the Sports Personal Injury policy. Clubs are noted as Insureds on the policy. Therefore if a spectator was injured and decided to seek damages from the club alleging the club’s negligence, then the General Liability policy would respond.  Important, the Association Liability Policy states that you must not admit Liability without the Insurers consent thus any claim made by a spectator must be referred to the Insurer as soon as possible for their instructions.

Why can’t I claim my doctors bill on this policy?Doctors bills on this policy?

Unfortunately the Health Insurance Act 1973 does not allow a policy of this type to cover expenses for which any Medicare rebate is made.

126 Prohibition of certain medical insurance

(1)  A person shall not make a contract of insurance with another person that contains a provision purporting to make the first?mentioned person liable to make a payment in the event of the incurring by the other person of a liability to pay medical expenses in respect of the rendering in Australia of a professional service for which Medicare benefit is, or but for subsection 18(4) would be, payable.

Medical expenses for which there is no benefit payable by Medicare are still claimable. These include Ambulance, Physio, Private Hospital Accommodation and Dental amongst others.

I earn more than $500 per week. How can I get covered for my full weekly salary?

Gow Gates and EA recognise that The EA National Insurance Programme benefits are not designed to be comprehensive for all members of the equestrian community. It is strongly recommended that you consider the benefits in line with your current circumstances.

Additional Insurance is available for the Capital, Non-Medicare Medical and Loss of Income benefits.

Gow-Gates Financial Services can also provide advice on an Income Protection policy, which can provide cover for injuries that occur participating in equestrian activities and in your day to day life.

Note: Tax may be withheld by the insurer from your Weekly Benefit.  Please speak with your Accountant about your obligations to the ATO.

For further information, please contact our office.

I work part time, am I entitled to loss of wage to Loss of Wage cover?

Under the Sports Personal Injury policy, you can claim for Loss of Wages if you work part time, provided you can demonstrate consistent earnings over the 12 months prior to the injury.

Our local council has asked to be included as an Insured party under our Liability insurance, can this be done?

Although the Council cannot be noted as a named Insured on the Policy it can be arranged to note the interest of the Council as property owners on Certificates of Currency to provide their vicarious liability for your use of their grounds. Please click here to request a Certificate of Currency for your Public Liability policy.

Do riders need to be registered with EA or an affiliated club to be covered for injury?

Yes. Only EA Direct members, coaches and club voluntary workers (whilst engaged in EA or affiliated club organised activities), are covered under the Sports Injury policy.

Does my EA Coaching insurance cover me for agisting my Clients horses?

No. The EA Coaches insurance provides Personal Accident and General Liability cover for affiliated coaches, whilst engaged in coaching. This programme does not extend to cover any other income earning activities that a coach may be engaged in, such as agistment, breaking/training horses, leasing out floats, etc. Gow-Gates are able to arrange an additional insurance policy tailored to these individual needs, please contact the office for more information.

Who can I talk to about an issue or complaint?

Firstly, talk to Gow-Gates Insurance Brokers.

If this does not resolve the matter or You are not satisfied with the way a complaint has been dealt with, You should write to:

Disputes Resolution Manager

Accident & Health International Underwriting Pty Limited

Level 4, 33 York Street SYDNEY NSW 2000

Telephone: (02) 9251 8700

Email: enquiries@ahiinsurance.com.au

If your dispute remains unresolved You may be referred to the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA) under the terms of the General Insurance Code of Practice.  For other disputes You will be referred to other proceedings for resolution.  Details are available from Accident & Health International at the address above.

I earn more than $500per week. How can I getcovered for my fullweeklysalary?